Submit this form to request this course to be scheduled.
Are you looking to become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)?
Completing our course is one way to achieve that goal. Developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), this course is the standardized curriculum recognized by FDA.
Regulations for the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP), hazard analysis, and risk-based preventive controls permit only a PCQI to perform certain activities. So if you are looking for a career in safe manufacturing, processing, packing, and holding of food products, consider PCQI training today.
Successful completion of FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food requires attendance at all sessions.
This 24-hour course requires three days to complete and covers:
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- Food Safety Plan
- CGMP and Prerequisites Programs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical, and Economically-Motivated Hazards
- Process, Food Allergen, Sanitation, and Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation
- Record Keeping
- Recall Plan
- Understand the differences between Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls.
- Identify process preventive controls (CCPs) and apply critical limits to control-identified hazards.
- Identify allergen, sanitation and supplier preventive controls (PCs).
- Apply parameters and values to support the control of the identified hazard.
- Monitor critical limits and parameters.
- Assign and take corrective or preventive action (CAPA) when control is compromised.
We designed this course for food safety professionals, including:
- Production Supervisors
- Production, Quality, and Executive Management
- Food Safety Team Members
- HACCP Team Members
- Audit Team Members