The BioWork program is designed to provide basic preparation for entry-level Processing Technician jobs in bioprocess manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing and chemical manufacturing. Course competencies include understanding the role of a process technician, safety, quality processes, measuring process variables, transforming matter, process technology (including processing equipment and plant utilities), controlling the process, maintaining sterile processes and growing living cells.
- Operate, monitor, and control the production process.
- Receive, transport, and store materials.
- Collect and analyze materials used in production.
- Inspect and maintain the production equipment and control systems.
- Keep critical records on the process and product.
- Maintain company safety, health, and environmental standards.
Skilled process technicians are valued and in demand. Contact a BioWork program director at your nearest community college to get started today.
Durham, NC 27712
919-536-7240 ext. 4402
Clayton, NC 27520
Roxboro, NC 27573
Program Specialist, Workforce Development
Louisburg, NC 27549
Cary, NC 27518
Mike Morgan, PhD