The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (aka Preventive Controls for Human Food) are intended to ensure safe, packing, manufacturing/processing and holding of food products for human consumption. In this overview course, participants explore foundational principles of Preventive Controls through the lens of FDA regulations. Engaged participants gain foundational knowledge of the Food Safety Modernization Act, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, hazard analysis, and Preventive Control documentation.
This overview course does not lead to a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) credential.
We designed this course for:
- Production Associates
- Quality Assurance Technicians
- Through a standardized curriculum exercise workbook, participants identify key concepts of Preventive Controls and connect those concepts to their product and process.
- Participants gain experience and perspective by engaging in practical examples and discussion.
- Participants complete a worksheet to identify their companies' critical control points, critical limits, monitoring procedures, verification activities and records generated.
- Explain the 7 principles of Preventive Controls in detail
- Describe the general process flow for your company
- Describe company specific Control points
- Explain the role of prerequisite programs and Preventive Controls
- Generate a Preventive Controls Plan
- Describe available Preventive Controls guidance resources
Request this Course
Developing or following a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan can be daunting. In... more
Take command of your report and learn how to write clear, accurate, and easy-to-read professional... more
Advance your food safety career with a certificate from the Association of Food and Drug Officials... more