Submit this form to request this course to be scheduled.
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (aka Preventive Controls for Human Food) are intended to ensure safe, packing, manufacturing/processing and holding of food products for human consumption. In this overview course, participants explore foundational principles of Preventive Controls through the lens of FDA regulations. Engaged participants gain foundational knowledge of the Food Safety Modernization Act, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, hazard analysis, and Preventive Control documentation.
This overview course does not lead to a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) credential.
We designed this course for:
- Production Associates
- Quality Assurance Technicians
- Through a standardized curriculum exercise workbook, participants identify key concepts of Preventive Controls and connect those concepts to their product and process.
- Participants gain experience and perspective by engaging in practical examples and discussion.
- Participants complete a worksheet to identify their companies' critical control points, critical limits, monitoring procedures, verification activities and records generated.
- Explain the 7 principles of Preventive Controls in detail
- Describe the general process flow for your company
- Describe company specific Control points
- Explain the role of prerequisite programs and Preventive Controls
- Generate a Preventive Controls Plan
- Describe available Preventive Controls guidance resources
This video surveys examples of life science-related training provided by NC Community Colleges for... more
In this eLearning module you will learn about the federal and international regulations that... more
Angela Kimel provides a brief overview of the clinical research industry and career opportunities... more
This is a quick look at an important addition to the local scene, both in social and economic terms... more
- 1 of 5