Could your brewery benefit from a well-developed sensory evaluation program? Many breweries routinely neglect sensory evaluation due to a lack of knowledge and resources. Sensory evaluation forms the basis of brewing quality programs to ensure the quality and consistency of beer released to consumers. This course provides an overview of how your senses work and how those in the craft beverage manufacturing industry can utilize sensory information in quality control, product development, and business decisions. This course will feature off-character training using Aroxa flavor standards.
Brewers, Quality Managment Associations, Bartenders, & servers
- Understanding how our senses work
- Practical concerns and considerations when sensory testing
- Interpretation of sensory testing
- Sensory evaluation to identify off flavors
Upon cpmletion of the course, Participants should better understand....
- how our sense work and how we can use them to diagnose problems in craft beverages
- identify the major off flavor culprits
- understand how these programs fit into a well developed Quality Management System
Request this Course
Part three of the series will include basic chemistry techniques and some more advanced... more
Asheville, NC has become a destination for craft beverage producers—with about 20 such facilities... more
This is a quick look at an important addition to the local scene, both in social and economic terms... more
A look at the craft beverage training that takes place in tiny Wentworth, North Carolina, and the... more