View available dates and register at the host college.
Wake Technical Community College
A course that can be taken online at any time between the scheduled dates.
Online - course will be delivered through Moodle, registrants can complete the modules at their own pace.
- Monday, March 1, 2021 (All day) to Friday, March 26, 2021 (All day)
This course introduces principles of contamination and containment for the biopharmaceutical industry along with responses using various procedures and engineering controls.
Additional procedures discussed include special gowning requirements and restricted personnel movement. Engineering controls presented include implementing air showers for exit procedures and use of isolators. Facility design considerations are also discussed.
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Quality Control Personnel
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Maintenance / Engineers
- Contamination: Physical, Chemical, and Microbiological
- Basic Microbiology
- Detergents, Sanitants and Sterilants
- Effective Cleaning: Equipment and Facilities
- Sterilization Methods: Moist Heat, Dry Heat, Gamma Irradiation, Ethylene Oxide
- Containment: Concepts, Strategies, Equipment, and Considerations
- Define facility and product contamination
- Discuss effects of contamination on industry practices with regard to consumer safety
- Recognize basic microbiological concepts
- Explain sterilization processes including:
- Steam sterilization
- Dry-heat sterilization
- UV light
- Chemical applications
- Appreciate the complexities of potent drug manufacturing or process contamination containment strategies
Request this Course
Customized course for 2019 Grifols Shutdown Training.
Experience the process of creating an alcoholic beverage-based Hazard Analysis and Critical Control... more
Aseptic gowning is a system of donning apparel to prevent the contamination of aseptic processing... more
- 1 of 6