View available dates and register at the host college.
Wake Technical Community College
Delivered in a classroom or lab setting.
- Monday, December 7, 2020 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
A combination of online and face-to-face components.
Course will be instructed online via WebEx on Tues/Thursdays; lab component will be instructed face-to-face on Saturdays at the BioNetwork location.
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 6, 2021 - 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 13, 2021 - 9:00am to 4:00pm
Are you new to the pharmaceutical or life science sectors? Need to brush up your skills? Learn and practice the basics of aseptic operations in a simulated CGMP environment.
CGMP exists to protect the health and safety of patients or consumers.
Aseptic Processing Level I provides the foundational knowledge and practical hands-on training you need to be successful in your career.
Aseptic technique is vital for maintaining product integrity and customer safety. Currently, this class is only offered at our BioNetwork Capstone Center in Raleigh, NC.
This course equips professionals whose responsibilities depend on aseptic technique:
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Quality Control Personnel
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Maintenance / Engineers – Aseptic Emphasis
- Future Cosmetic Industry Employees
This course meets six hours per day for four days and is aligned with regulatory guidelines. It covers:
- What Is Aseptic Processing and Why Is It Important?
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP)
- Good Documentation Practices
- Microbiology Basics
- Environmental Monitoring
- Facility Cleaning and Disinfection
- Aseptic Gowning
- Component Preparation
- Solution Preparation and Filtration
- Sterilization Methods
- Explain the role aseptic processing plays in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Discuss microbiology in the context of parenteral drug manufacturing.
- Describe cleanroom operations in relation to manufacturing parenteral products.
- Experience aseptic gowning, practice cleaning in a cleanroom, and use environmental monitoring techniques.
- Apply CGMP knowledge to cleanroom activities.
- Perform aseptic filtration and filter integrity tests.
Request this Course
You’re the newest member of the Quality Assurance department at CATT – the Center for the... more
Environmental Monitoring is a challenging and serious game which places you in a virtual cleanroom... more