Kryosphere is a full service, independent biorepository located near the Research Triangle Park Combining the latest in cryobiology technology with experience and expertise in the complete management (handling, monitoring, and storing) of biomaterials and pharmaceuticals. Regulated by FDA guidelines, Kryosphere consistently delivers high quality biorepository services (active and archive biomaterial management), cold chain-of-custody logistics (moving biologicals and other materials at-temperature and monitoring throughout), and clinical trial sample management (protocol development, site training, and support in accordance with FDA requirements).
We are seeking a high energy, detailed oriented individual to join our growing team of laboratory professionals. He/She is responsible for the day to day 24/7 operations of the biorepository and sample management in accordance with approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) and all applicable regulations.
Biological and pharmaceutical sample handling, processing, inventorying, accessioning, bar-coding and cryogenic storage while maintaining the integrity of the samples.
Applies facility SOPs, GLP/GMP practices and pertinent regulatory compliance.
Generate sample management, inventory and logistics reports as well as document control.
Utilize company LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) to perform data entry, specimen tracking and client requisition(s).
Cold Chain Custody of Logistics – manage receiving/shipping of biospecimens in accordance with relevant operating procedures and compliant with DOT/IATA regulations.
Assist with local & long distant cold chain of custody logistics
moves of ultra-low freezers and liquid nitrogen dewars.
Perform local and out of town deliveries of biological samples and refrigeration equipment.
Communicates and collaborate effectively with multiple team members and clients about sample management, projects and service provided.
Support facility maintenance and upkeep.
Assist with equipment and facility systems validations.
Perform other duties as requested.
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver’s license without restrictions
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Must have the ability be on-call and return to the facility afterhours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel overnight out of town
- Preferred Box Truck driving experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- BS/BA or equivalent, in life sciences or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a laboratory setting performing relevant techniques is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate written and verbal scientific and clinical information.
- Good organizational, communication, strong computer database and laboratory or clinical specimen management skills.
- Previous biological sample management work experience is highly desirable.