Develop your analytical skills by performing pH, acidity, water activity, and moisture content testing of selected foods, beverages, and dietary supplements. Learn about the importance of lab analysis as one of the tools companies use to determine product shelf stability, improve taste and texture, and meet regulatory requirements. Following an introductory discussion of basic food science, quality control principles, and hazards commonly associated with food manufacturing, students will get a chance to apply theory in the hands-on lab portion of the class.
Persons working in quality control laboratories or in production areas associated with food, beverage, or dietary supplements. Food science students, QA technicians
- Food safety principles
- Quality assurance of foods and beverages
- Shelf stability
- pH and acidity
- Moisture content and water activity
- Explore some of the equipment, techniques, and theory related to food and beverage safety and quality testing.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of pH and water activity in product shelf stability.
- Discuss the importance of acidity and moisture content in the taste and texture of beverages and foods.
Request this Course
This video demonstrates common home-kitchen mistakes that can lead to dangerous cross-contamination... more
Strawberry DNA Extraction is a fun experiment that you can perform using everyday materials. The... more
Would you like to learn how to grow cultures that will aid digestion, preserve foods, and add... more
- 1 of 7