Advance your food safety career with a certificate from the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO). This certificate provides evidence that you have met the FDA Seafood HACCP training requirement.
You can earn your certification by attending our FDA-recognized course, Seafood HACCP Segment Two. It’s a one-day practical course developed by AFDO and the Seafood HACCP Alliance.
Qualified SHA/AFDO instructors teach this FDA-recognized course.
To receive the certificate of course completion from AFDO and SHA, you must first complete the Basic Seafood HACCP Segment One Internet Course and provide a copy of the Internet course completion E-mail to show that you have completed the Segment One Internet course to be eligible to attend this Segment Two Course.
We designed this course for people who are:
- Fish and Fishery Products Producers
- Food Producers Seeking to Prepare for Preventive Controls for Human Food Regulations
- Food Safety Team Members
- HACCP Team Members
- Audit Team Members
This 1-day, 8-hour course covers:
- Regulatory Overview
- Prerequisite Programs
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
- Seafood Safety Hazards
- Preliminary Tasks
- Seven Preliminary Tasks
- Performing Hazard Analysis
- Determining Critical Control Points
- Establishing Critical Limits
- Monitoring Procedures
- Establishing Corrective Actions
- Establishing Verification Procedure
- Record Keeping
- Team HACCP Plan Group Exercises
- Explain the basic concepts underlying HACCP.
- Describe the relationships between HACCP and prerequisite programs.
- Apply the 5 preliminary steps and 7 HACCP principles to develop an effective HACCP plan.
- Recognize and describe HACCP regulatory considerations.
- Describe how to implement and maintain a HACCP plan.
Request this Course
This course equips food production employees and floor supervisors with all they need to know to... more
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for... more
Intentional Adulteration of ingredients and/or finished products is an important issue for... more
Are you looking to become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)? Completing our course... more