View available dates and register at the host college.
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Delivered in a classroom or lab setting.
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, January 28, 2022 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, March 18, 2022 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Friday, March 25, 2022 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
This course is a fun and unique opportunity to learn how to brew sake. There are only 14 sake breweries in the US, which makes sake brewing a special skill. Immerse yourself in 6-day course and make your own sake from brewing to bottling. Learn how to steam sake rice, culture koji, ferment rice, and filter kasu. When you are finished, take home your own sake creation!
This course is designed for the sake brewing industry. Possible application in koji fermentation industries such as miso, soy, and tempeh.
- Home Brewers
- Brewery Production Workers
- Fermentation Enthusiasts
- Sake Enthusiasts
- Water Requirements
- Brewing (Days 1-4)
- Fermentation (Measurements taken on Day 1, 4, 5, and 6)
- Filtration (Day 5)
- Bottling (Day 6)
- Tasting (Continuous)
- How to clean and sanitize for brewing production.
- How to wash, soak, and steam sake rice.
- How to pitch koji and yeast.
- How to filter sake.
- How to bottle sake.
- How to monitor sake by measuring pH, sando, amino sando, SMV, alcohol content, etc.
- How to taste sake.
Request this Course
Learn the skills to become a taste tester and enjoy exotic fermented food and beverages from around... more
Strawberry DNA Extraction is a fun experiment that you can perform using everyday materials. The... more
Traditional wine is Fabulous, but have you ever wondered what it would be like to create wine from... more