This course is a fun and unique opportunity to learn how to brew sake. There are only 14 sake breweries in the US, which makes sake brewing a special skill. Immerse yourself in 6-day course and make your own sake from brewing to bottling. Learn how to steam sake rice, culture koji, ferment rice, and filter kasu. When you are finished, take home your own sake creation!
This course is designed for the sake brewing industry. Possible application in koji fermentation industries such as miso, soy, and tempeh.
- Home Brewers
- Brewery Production Workers
- Fermentation Enthusiasts
- Sake Enthusiasts
- Water Requirements
- Brewing (Days 1-4)
- Fermentation (Measurements taken on Day 1, 4, 5, and 6)
- Filtration (Day 5)
- Bottling (Day 6)
- Tasting (Continuous)
- How to clean and sanitize for brewing production.
- How to wash, soak, and steam sake rice.
- How to pitch koji and yeast.
- How to filter sake.
- How to bottle sake.
- How to monitor sake by measuring pH, sando, amino sando, SMV, alcohol content, etc.
- How to taste sake.
Request this Course
Experience the process of creating an alcoholic beverage-based Hazard Analysis and Critical Control... more
Learn to grow probiotic cultures that will aid digestion, preserve foods, and add flavor and... more
This teaser video provides a brief overview of the craft brewing movement that has swept across... more
- 1 of 11