Take command of your report and learn how to write clear, accurate, and easy-to-read professional records that boost your team’s work.
In our course, participants acquire techniques and tools to better organize, write, and edit reports and other technical documents.
We cover important topics like developing a document using an outline, choosing a format, and identifying the audience. Students also brush up on editing skills and
learn how to cut run-on sentences and repetitive verbiage. As a class, we review sentence structure, author’s voice, common grammatical errors, punctuation, and commonly misused words.
The entire course helps students communicate in ways that promote clarity and understanding.
This course equips professionals who write reports and communicate with technical expertise, including:
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Quality Control Personnel
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Regulatory Personnel
- Research and Development Personnel
This 1-day, 8-hour course covers the following topics:
- What Is Technical Writing
- Where Is Technical Writing Used
- Benefits of Being a Good Technical Writer
- Consequences of Being a Bad Technical Writer
- How to Write a Great Technical Document in 6 Easy Steps
- Figures and Tables
- Abbreviations Defined
- Correctly Citing References
- Organize, write, and edit technical documents, including professional reports.
- Choose an effective format.
- Identify appropriate audience and voice.
- Master sentence structure.
- Improve editorial skills.
Request this Course
Students will learn how to write an effective Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as well as why... more
This hybrid course offers 2 separate certifications. Students who complete all sections of this... more
- 1 of 7