Sensory evaluation of food and beverages isn't just for brewers or food scientists! Have you ever wondered what’s going on when you eat something spicy? Why are some people overwhelmed by an aroma that you can barely perceive? This course will provide an overview of how your senses work and how those in the food and beverage industries can utilize sensory information in quality control, product development, and even to make business decisions. Or, you may finally settle the name brand vs. generic debate!
- People who want to improve their understanding of sensory analysis
- Food/beverage industry professionals
Students will gain a deeper understanding of how their senses work. They will be introduced to using sensory testing and data to draw conclusions.
- Understanding how our senses work
- Practical concerns and considerations when sensory testing
- Interpretation of sensory testing
Delivered in-person in a classroom or lab setting.