Are you a lab technician? Quality control or assurance personnel? Or employed in the food, beverage, or natural products fields? Practical microscopy skills can help you.
In this class, you can learn theory, ergonomics, and practical applications of microscopy in these industries. Plus, you gain hands-on experience focusing the compound microscope and stereoscope, examining prepared specimens, and preparing wet mount slides for inspection. The class also introduces staining techniques, microscopic images documentation, and basic instrument maintenance.
- Entry-level lab associates
- Quality staff in Food, Beverage, and Natural Products industry
- Entrepreneurs in dietary supplements
- Operation, maintenance, and calibration of compound microscope
- Slide preparation
- Documentation of microscopic images
- Establishing botanical identity with microscopy
- Be familiar with microscopy’s role in meeting cGMP guidelines
- Understand some of the most common microscopy techniques
- Demonstrate use of a compound microscope and stereoscope
Request this Course
The "Experiments in Biotechnology" video series is a production of NCCCS BioNetwork in partnership... more
In this program, we’ll look at the production of Green Fluorescent Protein. GFP is used as a... more
Learn how to use a microscope, see it in action, and then head to the lab to practice working hands... more