Are you a lab technician? Quality control or assurance personnel? Or employed in the food, beverage, or natural products fields? Practical microscopy skills can help you.
In this class, you can learn theory, ergonomics, and practical applications of microscopy in these industries. Plus, you gain hands-on experience focusing the compound microscope and stereoscope, examining prepared specimens, and preparing wet mount slides for inspection. The class also introduces staining techniques, microscopic images documentation, and basic instrument maintenance.
- Entry-level lab associates
- Quality staff in Food, Beverage, and Natural Products industry
- Entrepreneurs in dietary supplements
- Operation, maintenance, and calibration of compound microscope
- Slide preparation
- Documentation of microscopic images
- Establishing botanical identity with microscopy
- Be familiar with microscopy’s role in meeting cGMP guidelines
- Understand some of the most common microscopy techniques
- Demonstrate use of a compound microscope and stereoscope
Colleges listed here when available.
Request this Course
This video demonstrates common home-kitchen mistakes that can lead to dangerous cross-contamination... more
Having a sound quality control (QC) system in place and meeting the documentation standards for... more
An understanding of the chemical structures in plants is advantageous to produce the most effective... more