Submit this form to request this course to be scheduled.
Are you a lab technician? Quality control or assurance personnel? Or employed in the food, beverage, or natural products fields? Practical microscopy skills can help you.
In this class, you can learn theory, ergonomics, and practical applications of microscopy in these industries. Plus, you gain hands-on experience focusing the compound microscope and stereoscope, examining prepared specimens, and preparing wet mount slides for inspection. The class also introduces staining techniques, microscopic images documentation, and basic instrument maintenance.
- Entry-level lab associates
- Quality staff in Food, Beverage, and Natural Products industry
- Entrepreneurs in dietary supplements
- Operation, maintenance, and calibration of compound microscope
- Slide preparation
- Documentation of microscopic images
- Establishing botanical identity with microscopy
- Be familiar with microscopy’s role in meeting cGMP guidelines
- Understand some of the most common microscopy techniques
- Demonstrate use of a compound microscope and stereoscope
This video surveys examples of life science-related training provided by NC Community Colleges for... more
Take a self-guided exploration of a common laboratory microscope including its care, components,... more
Select a site, choose a grape variety, build a trellis, prune your vines, and harvest your grapes... more
- 1 of 6