Middle School STEM: A Hands-On Approach
Explore exciting and budget-friendly ways to integrate active learning opportunities into your curriculum! This workshop is specifically designed to help middle school teachers engage their students through hands-on activities that correlate the essential standards with real-world applications. Our relevant and fun approach will help you convert your students into more effective and efficient learners, a secret sauce that helps them retain the information they learn.
This workshop is open to all; however, it will be of most interest to middle grades science and CTE educators.
To provide middle grades educators with a stronger toolbox of innovative and engaging hands-on approaches to improve student understanding and retention of core concepts.
- Demonstration of fresh approaches to 6th - 8th grade science standards
- Participation in budget friendly and standards-based classroom activities
- Take home classroom supplies to help integrate ideas/activities from workshop
- Earn 2.2 CEUs
- Receive a copy of all workshop materials
- Be provided lunch and refreshments daily
- Receive lodging assistance (shared and private) if the attendee lives more than 50 miles away from the workshop location.