Submit this form to request this course to be scheduled.
View available dates and register at the host college.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, December 13, 2019 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, March 20, 2020 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
This course provides participants with an in-depth understanding of steam sterilization as well as the current methods of validation for sterile processes in the pharma/biotech manufacturing environment, including Autoclaves and Steam in Place (SIP) Systems, by providing a thorough understanding of sterilization, sterile equipment design, the regulatory requirements associated with sterilization and the methods used to test and validate sterile processes.
In addition, this course provides participants with an in depth understanding of controlled temperature environments, as well as, the current methods used to validate them in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. Equipment covered includes validation of incubators, cold rooms, warehouses and freezers.
This course is designed for entry level process technicians, autoclave specialists, process engineers and those with responsibilities pertaining to component preparation, autoclave and SIP operations.
This three day, 24 hour course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Steam Sterilization
- Autoclave and SIP Design
- Regulatory Requirements
- Acceptance Criteria
- Autoclave and SIP Testing/Validation
- Field Autoclave and SIP Cycle Analysis
- Controlled Temperature Environments
- Field Validation Techniques
The objectives of this course are to provide a thorough understanding of:
- Steam sterilization
- Sterile equipment design
- Regulatory requirements associated with steam sterilization
- The methods used to test and validate sterile processes
- Controlled temperature environments including design, regulatory requirements, testing, and validation
Capstone Center in Raleigh is BioNetwork's premiere worker training facility. At Capstone,... more
The Golden LEAF Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC) in Raleigh is home to two top... more
This video surveys examples of life science-related training provided by NC Community Colleges for... more
- 1 of 6