Submit this form to request this course to be scheduled.
View available dates and register at the host college.
Students will execute basic analytical processes and use HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) instrumentation to perform analysis of trace organic compounds. You will learn to analyze biological samples for trace levels of drug and pesticide residues using HPLC. Students will perform standard preparation, reagent preparation, and sample extractions for HPLC analysis. Participants also learn about calibrating an HPLC system as well learn to follow a method developed to determine trace levels of an organic contaminant in biological samples.
We designed this course for experienced professionals, including:
- Laboratory Technician
- Analytical Chemist
- HPLC Scientist
- Associate Scientist
- Quality Control Analyst
- Research and Development Personnel
- Basics of High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Use of top loading and analytical balances, pipettes, and volumetric flasks
- Introduction to bio-analytical (trace organic) analysis
- Sampling, sample extraction, and separatory techniques, including solid phase extraction and solvent partitioning techniques
- Standard solution preparations
- HPLC auto-injection of calibration standards on an overnight run
- Calibration of an HPLC unit
- Importance of lab controls and lab-fortified controls as quality control checks
- Demonstration of Method M 002 to determine a trace-level organic contaminant in biological samples
- Challenges posed by real-world samples
- Demonstrate competency in extracting trace samples from complex biological matrices.
- Execute basic analytical processes and use HPLC instrumentation to perform trace organic analysis.
Spectrophotometers measure the effect of a sample on a beam of light. This information can provide... more
For over 50 years, immunoassays have been used by physicians, biologists, and forensic scientists... more
Take a self-guided exploration of a common laboratory microscope including its care, components,... more