View available dates and register at the host college.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Sensory evaluation of food and beverages isn't just for brewers or food scientists! Have you ever wondered what’s going on when you eat something spicy? Why are some people overwhelmed by an aroma that you can barely perceive? This course will provide an overview of how your senses work and how those in the food and beverage industries can utilize sensory information in quality control, product development, and even to make business decisions. Or, you may finally settle the name brand vs. generic debate!
- People who want to improve their understanding of sensory analysis
- Food/beverage industry professionals
- Understanding how our senses work
- Practical concerns and considerations when sensory testing
- Interpretation of sensory testing
Students will gain a deeper understanding of how their senses work. They will be introduced to using sensory testing and data to draw conclusions.
Students will perform a simulated pGLO transformation as well as test popular snack foods for the... more
This teaser video provides a brief overview of the craft brewing movement that has swept across... more
Asheville, NC has become a destination for craft beverage producers—with about 20 such facilities... more
This is a quick look at an important addition to the local scene, both in social and economic terms... more
- 1 of 3