Acquire skills to write a professional resume specific to Biotechnology beyond the basics to launch your new career. An industry-specific elevator pitch, interviewing techniques and 15-minute mock interviews will be conducted in this online course. Learn how to network more effectively, how to ace those difficult "tell me about a time when..." interview questions, how to create a Linkedin profile, and more. Gain additional knowledge, skills, and experience that puts you ahead of the competition.
Note: Tuition and fees for HRD courses may be waived for individuals who meet the criteria.
For questions related to the fee waiver, please contact Latoya R. Brower, Director/Instructor, Essential Career & Employability Skills, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-718-7073
If NOT eligible for fee waiver course cost is $125
Designed for those unemployed, underemployed or would like to learn more to enhance their biotechnology career development skills.
Biotechnology resume writing, interviewing skills, and Linkedin profile creation
Module 1 - Biotechnology Resume Writing
- Learn to create a professional resume
- Review industry-specific resume samples
- Obtain effective resume writing methods
- Acquire skills to update and maintain created resume
Module 2 - Biotechnology Elevator Pitch and Interview Skills
- Learn to answer industry-specific interview questions
- Review what to bring to a face-to-face or virtual interview
- Obtain effective interviewing methods, such as STAR Technique
- Acquire skills to create an elevator pitch
Module 3 - Linkedin Profile Creation and Checklist/Survey
- Learn to create a professional Linkedin profile with photo
- Review, connect, and follow professionals and industries
- Obtain effective Linkedin networking methods
- Acquire skills to effectively upload resume and post-professional announcements